Thursday, October 1, 2015

September 2015 Look Back

Hey everyone and Happy October!!

I hope everyone has been doing well.  I've actually been getting quite a bit of stitching done.  I have found that Instagram is the easiest format for me to post progress pictures since it runs better on my phone than the Blogger app does!  I'm going to hopefully update this blog at the end or beginning of each new month with progress pictures!

For this month, I'm going to start with a completion.  I stitched up a portion of the lyrics from "Need to Be" by Memphis May Fire.  It stitched up really quickly, so it was nice to actually finish something!  I chose to do the lyrics in an overly-calm, flowery font to contrast with the "harder" sound that the band has.  I really love their music, but many people are turned off simply because of the style and are missing out on some really great lyrics.  It's about the message, not the style of music!  This one is totally finished and I have a frame purchased.  It will be entered into the county fair competition in 2 weeks time.

I also started my first real embroidery project this month.  My youngest daughter became obsessed with The Hunchback of Notre Dame and I think we watched it for 2 weeks straight.  I was very familiar with the film but I hadn't seen it for a long time and when we started watching it again I was struck by just how evil Judge Claude Frollo is!  Seriously, this guy is probably the scariest Disney villain of all time.  If you've never seen the movie, just go look up the song "Hellfire" and give that a watch.  Yeesh.... he's creepy!  I chose to embroider him on a pretty fabric that reminded me of the Feast of Fools from the film.  So far, I'm really enjoying embroidery!  Satin stitching can get a bit frustrating but I think it's totally worth it.  I am hoping to have him completely done by the time the fair rolls around, but I'm not sure I'm going to have enough time.  I'm about 1/3 done with him and still have the words at the bottom to finish.


Finally, I did get about 2 weeks worth of stitching done on Cinderella Wishes Upon a Dream.  I trudged through a big green section at the bottom and knocked it out.  I'm approximately 2/3 done with page 2 of 4.  As much as I want this one finished now now now, I have to stagger it with other projects to avoid burnout. Now that I'm past that green section I have to move on to a huge section of grey which sounds lovely LOL











And since this is a "Look Back" post, here are the backs!





















Thank you so much for stopping by!  If you are on Instagram, please follow me @AmbitiousStitches , I would love to follow you back!  That is where a majority of my updates will be going.  Instagram has an amazing community of crafters!  I'm also on Twitter @AmbitiousStitch .

Happy Stitching Everyone!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Love your pieces! I agree I hate Frollo! Such an evil villain. But I love the fabric you chose for him. It looks exactly like it fits in the film. I love how Cinderella is turning out I always enjoy getting through a big block of color. I usually have to cut it with other stitching projects so I don't get bored.

Keebles said...

I am so jealous of your embroidery! How cool! I could never do that!