Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Cinderella Update 9/3/2013

Hello Stitchers!!  =)

It is so good to be back to stitching again.  My newest miracle is now 8 months old and becoming more and more independent.  She crawls, she entertains herself, and sometimes she even lets me walk out of the room before she starts screaming.

The other day she played on the floor with a hairbrush long enough for me to pull Cinderella out and start working on it again.  I cannot tell you how great it felt to actually get some stitching accomplished!

So, without further ado, here is the progress so far:


I've realized that I did do some more stitching before taking a break last year, but never updated it.  I decided to complete the entire left side before working on the middle.  It just makes it easier to leave it in my frame that way while I work.


As you can see, I'm now working on the tops of the village buildings.  If you look closely you can see one of the mice climbing a ladder to a chimney.  There are other mice as well, but they are covered by that hoop which I discovered I had left on the fabric for over a year.  Whoops.  I'll have to iron the heck out of that thing to get those creases out I'm sure.

So, there you have it.  Work is beginning once again.  I'm sure it'll be even more slow going now than ever before but at least I can enjoy it once again.

Thanks for stopping by and happy stitching!!  =)


2 comments:

Amber said...

Looking great x

The Crafty Princess said...

Too beautiful! The sky is an amazing swirl of colours. Love it! I have the Beauty and Beast kit but yet to make a start on it. Good luck and I hope you get more stitching time soon.
Alicia xo