Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Cinderella 9/25 Update

I can't tell you guys how happy I am to be back to stitching on a regular basis.  I really forgot how much I loved doing it until I picked it back up again.  Usually, I can get about 50-100 stitches done each day which seems pretty good all things considered.  But if I put that into perspective, it will take over a year to finish this one project at that pace.  Hopefully I can sneak some extra stitching time in there somewhere because I don't want it to take that long!

Here is this weeks progress:

As of Sunday (9/22) the cottage roof and chimney were filled in.  Only backstitching left to do on that part.


Overall progress as of 9/22/13
So much to do still.

Progress as of today (9/25).  There is a ton of jumping around in the village section plus lots of half and three-quarter stitches to watch out for.  I think those brown blobs may be roof tops but I'm not totally sure!  

I'm considering trying a different type of fabric for the next one of these types of pieces I do.  With all the partial stitches in them it makes working with Aida difficult.  I was thinking of going with an evenweave or a linen but I've never worked with them before so I guess I need to do some research.

Happy stitching everyone!

1 comment:

sharine said...

It is looking awesome:)