Thursday, January 26, 2012

1/26/12 Cinderella

I got LOTS of stitching done today!!  The section I worked on had so many pretty colors and I was really excited to see it take shape.


Isn't it pretty?  I love the colors.  The rainbow leads to the next page where the Fairy Godmother appears flying through the air. 

I have to say that the colors of this project are so much more vivid and beautiful than the picture on the package makes them appear.  When I look at what I've stitched and compare it to the cover picture there is really just no comparison.  The cover doesn't do it justice at all.  I'm wondering if this is the same for the other Thomas Kinkade kits.  Regardless, I'm very close to being done with page 1 of 4, which puts me just about halfway to my goal of completing 50% of this project by December.  I'm hoping to surpass that estimate and if it stitches as nicely as it did today then I just might do it.
Pin It

5 comments:

sharine said...

It looks gorgeous!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Those are gorgeous colours,they blend so well.Lovely stitching.

Abbybeth said...

It's looking great! I'm closing in on completing my first page on BATB and I've noticed the same - the colors are brighter than the package picture. In one case I actually had to buy a couple skeins of shades that were lighter because the one section of pink was almost neon. We'll see if I can close out the page by the end of the month, which would be great.

Joysze said...

That's looking so great, Lauren. :D

Ewa said...

The colors are so vibrant! These are definitely on my wish list :)