Wednesday, August 10, 2011

8/10/11 Bible Case

Look up at your address bar... I made my own Favicon!  I've been having problems with it not showing up all the time, but when it does I can't help but smile.  I'm not a technologically-gifted person, but I did this one all by myself and it feels great!

In crafty news, I decided to take a tiny break from stitching in order to do a sewing project for my daughter.  She has been showing a real interest in reading her Bible (although, she can't yet read so I read it to her!) and has been wanting to have a case to carry it around in.  Luckily for her, I had a few pieces of fabric that she liked and most of the other materials to make it.

After a few hours of measuring, cutting, reading some online "how-to" tutorials, and one instance of taking it all apart because I had put it together backwards, it was finished!

Tada!
 We did make a craft run this afternoon to grab a button for her closure and some velcro to hold it together, but everything else was made by me!

Velcro closure underneath the decorative button.

Inside the finished project.
I haven't done a sewing project in a very long time, but I'm super pleased with how this turned out.  Is it perfect?  Absolutely not.  However, it is something that I hope my daughter loves and keeps for a very long time.  The Bible was given to her by her Nanny and her late Papa, so I know it will be kept forever and now it has a nice case to stay in.

And now that I've made one, I feel more comfortable with it and may make a more boy-friendly version for my son once we get him his own Bible. 

Have a great day!
Pin It

5 comments:

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That is lovely Lauren,what a great idea. I love your favicon,well done on making your own.

Joysze said...

That's a beautiful case, Lauren. :)

Toni said...

Love your favicon! And your bible case is so beautiful. I admire your little girl for taking interest in reading the bible. Nowadays, kids and teenagers are getting so little interest in it. So it's very refreshing to know that there are still some who knows how to be grateful to spiritual things.

Hugs:-)

Anonymous said...

Too cute!

Kim said...

That's wonderful, such a pretty case, and hopefully it'll make her bible even more precious to her now.