Monday, April 11, 2011

Hey Howdy Hey

Welcome to Ambitious Stitches!

It is my job to show that cross stitching is not, as I heard someone say recently, only a "habit for old ladies".  I'm a 20-something wife and mother who just so happens to LOVE stitching.  It brings me such a sense of control -when you chase around 2 preschoolers all day you'll take control in any way you can get it!- and leaves me with a feeling of accomplishment.

When they hear "cross stitching", many people think of samplers, old country-looking pieces, and ancient tapestries.  But there are so many new options for stitchers today, from unique kits to the ability to create your own patterns and stitch anything you can concieve of!

So, I invite you to stick around and check back often.  I'll be updating pictures of my WIP's (works in progress) and posting up finished pieces. 

No comments: